Senior Living in Britt, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Britt, MN: 55710
- Britt scores higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Britt scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Virginia Regional Medical Center).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Edgewood Vista Virginia, Essentia Health - Virginia Care Center, and Homes.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 34 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (40% of residents).
- There are 9 golf courses in or around the city, including Virginia Golf Course, Vermilion Fairways Golf Club, and Eveleth Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Sturgeon River, Olcott Park, and West-Two Rivers Campground.
- There are 20 churches in or near the city, including Sand Lake Chapel, Assembly-god, and St Joseph\'s Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 7 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 16 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.95% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.78% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $84,081, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $74,100, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $36,656, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,690 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,042 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,957 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.12%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Britt receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Britt has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Britt has a very sparse population density of 12.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Britt have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Britt has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.93%.