Senior Living in Broadalbin, New York
Top zip codes in Broadalbin, NY: 12025
- Broadalbin scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Broadalbin scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Mary\'s Hospital At Amsterdam, Amsterdam Memorial Hospital, and Nathan Littauer Hospital.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Wilkinson Residential Health Care Facility, Nathan Littauer Hospital Nursing Home, and River Ridge Living Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 48 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 43 golf courses in or around the city, including Amsterdam Municipal Golf Course, Antlers Country Club, and Galway Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Pop\'s Lake Campground, Birch Haven Campgrounds, and Autumn Moon Campground.
- There are 15 churches in or near the city, including Galway United Methodist Church, St Luke\'s Lutheran Church, and Trinity Lutheran Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 29 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.22% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.38% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,556, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,164, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,503, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.86%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 4% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Broadalbin receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Broadalbin has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Broadalbin has a sparse population density of 151.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Broadalbin have an average daily commute time.
- Broadalbin has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.57%.