Senior Living in Broadview, Illinois
Top zip codes in Broadview, IL: 60155
- Broadview scores higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Broadview scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 49 hospitals within close range of the city, including Loyola University Medical Center, Hines Va Medical Center, and John J Madden Mental Hlth Ctr.
- There are 336 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cantata Adult Life Services, Aperion Care Forest Park, and Oakridge Healthcare Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 2290 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 240 golf courses in or around the city, including Riverside Golf Club, Fresh Meadow Golf Course, and Oak Park Country Club.
- There are 33 parks near the city center, including La Grange Park, Oak Park Conservatory, and Columbus Park.
- There are 802 churches in or near the city, including Wesleyan Church of Broadview, Broadview Missionary Baptist, and Maywood Comm 7 Day Adventist.
- There are 20 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 1020 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 62 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 478 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.09% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.38% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,374, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,160, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,287, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,740 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $92,163 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,205 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.95%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Broadview receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Broadview has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Broadview has a dense population density of 4,252.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Broadview have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Broadview has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.09%.