Senior Living in Brockport, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Brockport, PA: 15823
- Brockport scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Brockport scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Dubois Regional Medical Center).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Highland View Health Care, Christ The King Manor, and DuBois Continuum of Care Community.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 60 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 15 golf courses in or around the city, including Scottish Heights Golf Club, Owens-Brockway Golf Course, and Du Bois Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Camp Mountain Run, Clearview Camp Grounds, and Sandy Township Recreational Park.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including Gateway Church of Christ, St Catherine of Siena, and Bethel Church of Brethren.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 18 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.89% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.55% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $51,476, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,797, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,100, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.98%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brockport receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Brockport has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Brockport has a very sparse population density of 38.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brockport have a short daily commute time.
- Brockport has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.36%.