Senior Living in Brockton, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Brockton, PA: 17925
- Brockton scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Brockton scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Luke\'s Miners Memorial Hospital, Schuylkill Medical Center - South Jackson Street, and Schuylkill Medical Center - East Norwegian Street.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Orwigsburg Center, Schuylkill Center, and Hometown Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 86 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (38% of residents).
- There are 40 golf courses in or around the city, including Eighteen Course at White Birch Golf Course, Maple/Oak Course at Mountain Valley Golf Course, and Mahoning Valley Golf.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Locust Lake State Park, Tuscarora State Park, and Christmas Pines Campground.
- There are 12 churches in or near the city, including Searing David A, Blessed Teresa of Calcutta, and Calvary Baptist Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 48 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 29 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $53,575, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,375, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,136, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.65%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brockton receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Brockton has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Brockton has a sparse population density of 384.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brockton have a very long daily commute time.
- Brockton has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.25%.