Senior Living in Brockway, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Brockway, PA: 15824
- Brockway scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Brockway scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Dubois Regional Medical Center and Brookville Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Highland View Health Care, Christ The King Manor, and DuBois Continuum of Care Community.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 72 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 14 golf courses in or around the city, including Owens-Brockway Golf Course, Scottish Heights Golf Club, and Du Bois Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Clearview Camp Grounds, Camp Mountain Run, and Sandy Township Recreational Park.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including Gateway Church of Christ, St Catherine of Siena, and Bethel Church of Brethren.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.52% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.39% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,503, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,674, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,621, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.00%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brockway receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Brockway has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Brockway has a very sparse population density of 74.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brockway have a short daily commute time.
- Brockway has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.27%.