Senior Living in Brocton, New York
Top zip codes in Brocton, NY: 14716
- Brocton scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Brocton scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Westfield Memorial Hospital, Inc and Brooks Memorial Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Fredonia Place, WCA Home, and Chautauqua County Home.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 36 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 27 golf courses in or around the city, including Hillview Golf Course, Cassadaga Lakes Country Club, and Pinehurst Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Blue Water Beach Campground, Westfield / Lake Erie KOA, and Camp Onyahsa.
- There are 28 churches in or near the city, including St Patrick\'s Catholic Church, National Spiritualist Assn, and St Anthony\'s Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 22 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 16 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.27% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.75% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $46,243, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $36,875, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $15,509, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.67%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brocton receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Brocton has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Brocton has a sparse population density of 250.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brocton have a short daily commute time.
- Brocton has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 73.47%.