Senior Living in Brodhead, Wisconsin
Top zip codes in Brodhead, WI: 53520
- Brodhead scores lower than the Wisconsin average of 71.
- Brodhead scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Woods Crossing at Woods Point, Caring Hands, and Morning Sun Care Home, Inc..
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 13 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 37 golf courses in or around the city, including Decatur Lake Country Club, Evansville Country Club, and Country Club of Beloit.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Crazy Horse Campground, Avon Bottoms State Natural Area, and Abrahams Woods State Natural Area.
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including Orfordville Lutheran Church, Albany Lutheran Church, and Cooksville Lutheran Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 2 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.84% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.98% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.88%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Wisconsin has an average state income tax of 4.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,399, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,569, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,462, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,300 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,721 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,160 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.65%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brodhead receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Brodhead has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Brodhead has a very sparse population density of 55.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brodhead have an average daily commute time.
- Brodhead has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.97%.