Senior Living in Brodheadsville, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Brodheadsville, PA: 18322
- Brodheadsville scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Brodheadsville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Palmerton Hospital).
- There are 26 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Weston Senior Living Center at Brodheadsville, Wesley Enhanced Living at Chestnuthill Manor, and Brookmont Healthcare Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 100 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 68 golf courses in or around the city, including Indian Mountain Golf Course, Hideaway Hills Golf Club, and Cherry Valley Golf Course.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Silver Valley Campsite, Weona Park, and Pocono Vacation Park.
- There are 30 churches in or near the city, including Kees Gail H, Smith J Christoph, and Hope United Church of Christ.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 38 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 44 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.52% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,123, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,551, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,426, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.43%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brodheadsville receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Brodheadsville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Brodheadsville has a sparse population density of 402.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brodheadsville have a very long daily commute time.
- Brodheadsville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.74%.