Senior Living in Brogue, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Brogue, PA: 17309
- Brogue scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Brogue scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Lancaster Regional Medical Center).
- There are 41 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Brereton Manor, Dallastown Nursing Center, and Victorian Villa Personal Care Home.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 83 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 63 golf courses in or around the city, including Red Lion Country Club, Cool Creek Country Club, and Crossgates Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Susquehannock State Park and Samuel S. Lewis State Park).
- There are 95 churches in or near the city, including St James Church, Bethel United Methodist Church, and New Harmony Presbyterian Chr.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 36 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 31 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.52% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $52,873, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $41,982, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,698, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $41,400 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $124,830 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,910 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.54%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brogue receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Brogue has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Brogue has a very sparse population density of 84.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brogue have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Brogue has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.41%.