Senior Living in Bronson, Iowa
Top zip codes in Bronson, IA: 51007
- Bronson scores significantly higher than the Iowa average of 75.
- Bronson scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Whispering Creek, Countryside Senior Living, and Embassy Healthcare Community.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 32 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 23 golf courses in or around the city, including Green Valley Municipal Golf Club, Southern Hills Country Club, and Floyd Park Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Luton Wildlife Management Area, City-Sergeant Bluff Parks-Rec, and Sertoma Park.
- There are 34 churches in or near the city, including St Josephs Catholic Church, Southern Hills Baptist Church, and Nativity Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.65% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,134, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $59,219, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,226, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,610 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $68,985 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,427 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,480 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.32%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bronson receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Bronson has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Bronson has a very sparse population density of 21.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bronson have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Bronson has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.19%.