Senior Living in Brook Park, Ohio
Top zip codes in Brook Park, OH: 44142
- Brook Park scores higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Brook Park scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 12 hospitals within close range of the city, including Southwest General Health Center, Fairview Hospital, and Parma Community General Hospital.
- There are 144 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Berea Alzheimer\'s Care Center, Parkside Villa, and North Park Retirement Community.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 603 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 132 golf courses in or around the city, including Mastick Woods Golf Course, Little Met Golf Course, and Mastick Woods Golf Course.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Rocky River Reservation, Rocky River Nature Center, and Bain Park.
- There are 306 churches in or near the city, including St Peter the Apostle Church, Redeemer Lutheran Church, and Assumption of Mary Catholic.
- There are 25 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 351 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 22 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 150 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.45% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.93% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,512, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,967, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,099, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $50,946 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,980 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,188 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.02%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brook Park receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Brook Park has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Brook Park has a dense population density of 2,512.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brook Park have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Brook Park has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.90%.