Senior Living in Brookfield, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Brookfield, CT: 06804
- Brookfield scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Brookfield scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Danbury Hospital and New Milford Hospital).
- There are 39 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Village at Brookfield Common, Bethel Health Care Center, and Maplewood at Stony Hill.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 207 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 128 golf courses in or around the city, including Sunset Hill Golf Club, Ridgewood Country Club, and Richter Park Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Lovers Leap State Park Scenic Reserve, Tarrywile Park & Mansion, and Huntington State Park.
- There are 83 churches in or near the city, including Congregational Church, First Assembly of God, and Prince of Peace Lutheran Chr.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 99 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 10 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 67 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.06% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $137,333, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $108,339, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $49,804, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $75,240 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $162,973 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,637 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.44%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brookfield receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Brookfield has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Brookfield has an average population density of 832.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brookfield have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Brookfield has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.69%.