Senior Living in Brookfield, Ohio
Top zip codes in Brookfield, OH: 44403
- Brookfield scores significantly higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Brookfield scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Sharon Regional Health System, Bhc Belmont Pines Hospital, and Forum Hlth Hillside Rehab Hosp.
- There are 61 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Orange Village Care Center, Concord Care Center of Hartford, Inc. - Meadowbrook Manor, and Crosby\'s Boarding Home.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 216 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (40% of residents).
- There are 77 golf courses in or around the city, including Yankee Run Golf Course, Squaw Creek Country Club, and Candywood Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Chestnut Ridge Park, Buhl Park, and Avenue of 444 Flags Foundation.
- There are 151 churches in or near the city, including Brookfield Methodist Church, St Bernadette\'s Church, and Queen of the Holy Rosary.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 95 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 57 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.81% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.38% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,921, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $42,188, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,288, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $41,400 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,929 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.74%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brookfield receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Brookfield has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Brookfield has a sparse population density of 269.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brookfield have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Brookfield has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.73%.