Senior Living in Brookfield, Vermont
Top zip codes in Brookfield, VT: 05036
- Brookfield scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- Brookfield scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Gifford Medical Center).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Windover House, Riverbend Residential Care Home, and Gifford Medical Center - Menig Extended Care Facility.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 20 golf courses in or around the city, including Montague Golf Club, Northfield Country Club, and Country Club of Barre.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Allis State Park and Lake Champagne Campground).
- There are 25 churches in or near the city, including New Convenant Chr Assembly, West Hill United Methodist Chr, and Williamstown United Federated.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 16 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.22% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.66% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,727, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $61,484, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,427, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.38%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brookfield receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Brookfield has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Brookfield has a very sparse population density of 31.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brookfield have a very long daily commute time.
- Brookfield has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.56%.