Senior Living in Brookland, Arkansas
Top zip codes in Brookland, AR: 72417
- Brookland scores significantly higher than the Arkansas average of 69.
- Brookland scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Bernards Medical Center, St Bernards Medical Ctr, and Healthsouth Rehab Hospital.
- There are 17 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sunshine Manor Retirement Home, Rosehaven Villa, and Superior Senior Care.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 93 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 13 golf courses in or around the city, including Beverly Hills Golf Course, Fox Hills Country Club, and Paragould Country Club.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Paragould Parks & Recreation, Bland Park, and Francis Bland Park.
- There are 50 churches in or near the city, including New Antioch Baptist Church, Brookland Baptist Church, and Brookland Church of Christ.
- There are 16 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 35 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 23 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.01% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.53% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.25%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Arkansas has an average state income tax of 4.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,703, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,200, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,784, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $30,900 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $57,670 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $38,896 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.96%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brookland receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Brookland has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Brookland has a very sparse population density of 78.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brookland have an average daily commute time.
- Brookland has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.71%.