Senior Living in Brooklin, Maine
Top zip codes in Brooklin, ME: 04616
- Brooklin scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- Brooklin scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Blue Hill Memorial Hospital and Blue Hill Memorial Hospital).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city (Island Nursing Home and Care Center and Parker Ridge)
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 13 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (46% of residents).
- There are 16 golf courses in or around the city, including Island Country Club, Blue Hill Country Club, and Causeway Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Old Quarry Ocean Adventures, Holbrook Island Sanctuary State Park, and Quietside Campground.
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Chr of Brooklin, Advent Christian Fellowship, and Stonington Ch of Nazarene.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 13 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.92% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.81% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.50%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maine has an average state income tax of 5.08%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,218, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,490, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,582, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.32%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brooklin receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Brooklin has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Brooklin has a very sparse population density of 46.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brooklin have a short daily commute time.
- Brooklin has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.10%.