Senior Living in Brooklyn, Michigan
Top zip codes in Brooklyn, MI: 49230
- Brooklyn scores higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Brooklyn scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 17 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Country Living Adult Foster Care, Christ Centered Homes, Inc., and Blue Ridge Care Home.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 47 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (37% of residents).
- There are 61 golf courses in or around the city, including Clark Lake Course at Clark Lake Golf Course, Greenbriar Brooklyn, and Hills Heart of the Lakes Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Cambridge State Historic Park, Irish Hills Kampground, and Hidden Lake Gardens.
- There are 38 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, St Joseph\'s Shrine, and Heart of the Lakes Un Breth Ch.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 18 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 23 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.09% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.31% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,935, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,777, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,016, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $29,400 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $31,200 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.08%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brooklyn receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Brooklyn has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Brooklyn has a sparse population density of 159.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brooklyn have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Brooklyn has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.11%.