Senior Living in Brookport, Illinois
Top zip codes in Brookport, IL: 62910
- Brookport scores higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Brookport scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Lourdes Hospital, Western Baptist Hospital, and Massac Memorial Hospital.
- There are 16 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Baptist Health Paducah, New Haven Assisted Living: Paducah , and Parkview Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 59 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 16 golf courses in or around the city, including Midtown Golf Course, Paxton Park Golf Course, and Rolling Hills Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Dolly McNutt Plaza, Parks Department, and Keiler Park.
- There are 16 churches in or near the city, including Church of God, Potter\'s House Baptist Worship, and Reidland Church of Christ.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 22 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.35% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.38% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $44,375, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $38,885, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,233, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,844 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.08%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brookport receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Brookport has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Brookport has a very sparse population density of 27.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brookport have an average daily commute time.
- Brookport has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 75.54%.