Senior Living in Brooks, Kentucky
Top zip codes in Brooks, KY: 40109
- Brooks scores significantly higher than the Kentucky average of 75.
- Brooks scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Norton Southwest Hospital, Caritas Medical Center, and Norton Audubon Hospital.
- There are 57 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Essex Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Almost Family, and Park Terrace Health Campus.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 218 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 64 golf courses in or around the city, including Crossings Golf Club, The, South Park Country Club, and Midland Trail Golf Club.
- There are 17 parks near the city center, including Jefferson Memorial Forest, Tom Wallace Recreation Area, and Fairdale Mini Park.
- There are 203 churches in or near the city, including Brooks Baptist Church, Calvary Holiness Church, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 20 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 183 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 21 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.11% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.86% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Kentucky has an average state income tax of 5.16%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,447, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,469, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,290, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,990 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,958 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.01%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brooks receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Brooks has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Brooks has a sparse population density of 212.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brooks have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Brooks has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 79.56%.