Senior Living in Brookshire, Texas
Top zip codes in Brookshire, TX: 77423
- Brookshire scores higher than the Texas average of 74.
- Brookshire scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Memorial Hermann Katy Hospital, Memorial Hermann Katy Hospital, and Christus St Catherine Hospital.
- There are 29 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Brookshire Residence and Rehabilitation Center, Home Sweet Home, and Sundance at Woodcreek Reserve.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 101 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 46 golf courses in or around the city, including Valley Lodge Golf Course, Green Meadows Golf Club -West, and Club At Falcon Point, The.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Arbor Park, ADVENTURE ISLAND WATERPARK, and Mary Jo Peckham Park.
- There are 27 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, First United Methodist Church, and Titus Community Church.
- There are 14 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 47 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 29 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.46% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $51,242, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $37,213, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $16,862, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,500 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $83,038 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,050 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.88%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brookshire receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Brookshire has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Brookshire has a very sparse population density of 65.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brookshire have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Brookshire has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 71.68%.