Senior Living in Brookside, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Brookside, NJ: 07926
- Brookside scores significantly higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Brookside scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Morristown Memorial Hospital, Greystone Park Psych Hospital, and Saint Clare\'s Hospital.
- There are 75 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Holly Manor Center, Alcott Manor, and Morris View Healthcare Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 397 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 128 golf courses in or around the city, including Roxiticus Golf Club, Mendham Golf & Tennis Club, and Spring Brook Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Morristown National Historical Park, Morristown Green, and Loantaka Brook Reservation.
- There are 183 churches in or near the city, including Brookside Community Church, Mendham Hills Chapel, and St Mark\'s Episcopal Church.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 188 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 17 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 179 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.83% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brookside receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Brookside has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Brookside has a sparse population density of 452.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brookside have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Brookside has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.