Senior Living in Brookston, Indiana
Top zip codes in Brookston, IN: 47923
- Brookston scores higher than the Indiana average of 74.
- Brookston scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Wabash Valley Hospital).
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Victory Health and Rehab of Battle Ground, Indiana Veterans\' Home, and Greentree at West Lafayette.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 22 golf courses in or around the city, including Lafayette Elks Country Club, Birck Boilermaker Golf Complex(Ackerman Hills Course at Birck Boilermaker Golf Complex ), and Edwood Glen Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Wolf Park, Tippecanoe Battlefield Memorial, and Prophetstown State Park.
- There are 28 churches in or near the city, including Church of Christ, Jehovah\'s Witnesses, and Calvary Baptist Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 14 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.81% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,443, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,192, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,911, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.34%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brookston receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Brookston has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Brookston has a very sparse population density of 38.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brookston have an average daily commute time.
- Brookston has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.69%.