Senior Living in Brooksville, Maine
Top zip codes in Brooksville, ME: 04617
- Brooksville scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- Brooksville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Blue Hill Memorial Hospital and Blue Hill Memorial Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Parker Ridge, Bayview Manor Office, and Island Nursing Home and Care Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (45% of residents).
- There are 21 golf courses in or around the city, including Castine Golf Club, Blue Hill Country Club, and Island Country Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Holbrook Island Sanctuary State Park, Fort Point State Park, and Sears Island Preserve.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including Community of Christ, Blue Hill Concregational Chr, and Baptist Parsonage.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 17 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.92% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.81% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.50%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maine has an average state income tax of 5.08%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,310, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,100, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,580, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.30%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brooksville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Brooksville has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Brooksville has a very sparse population density of 31.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brooksville have a long daily commute time.
- Brooksville has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.00%.