Senior Living in Brookville, Indiana
Top zip codes in Brookville, IN: 47012
- Brookville scores significantly lower than the Indiana average of 74.
- Brookville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Brookville Healthcare Center, Knolls of Oxford, and Carmelite Sisters.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 7 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 59 golf courses in or around the city, including Brook Hill Golf Club, Grand Oak Golf Club, and Indian Lakes Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Mounds State Recreation Area, Governor Bebb MetroPark, and Haspin Acres.
- There are 5 churches in or near the city, including St Michael Faith Formation, Brookville Church of Christ, and Metamora Church of Christ.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 8 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.68% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,036, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,490, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,728, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.16%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brookville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Brookville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Brookville has a very sparse population density of 61.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brookville have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Brookville has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.78%.