Senior Living in Brookville, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Brookville, PA: 15825
- Brookville scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Brookville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Brookville Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Jefferson Manor Health Center, Dr Arthur Clifton Mckinley Center, and Morning Glow Manor.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 26 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 12 golf courses in or around the city, including Pinecrest Country Club, Iron & Woods Golf Course, and Owens-Brockway Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Camper\'s Paradise, White\'s Haven Campground, and Shiloh Resort.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including First Church of God, Bullock Ellen L, and Summerville Church of Christ.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 5 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.52% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.39% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,401, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,492, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,128, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.19%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brookville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Brookville has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Brookville has a very sparse population density of 59.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brookville have a very short daily commute time.
- Brookville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.44%.