Senior Living in Broomall, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Broomall, PA: 19008
- Broomall scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Broomall scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 46 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mercy Community Hospital, Delaware County Memorial Hospital, and Main Line Hospital Bryn Mawr Campus.
- There are 198 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Broomall Manor, Broomall Presbyterian Village, and Broomall Rehabilitation and Nursing Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1317 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 177 golf courses in or around the city, including Llanerch Country Club, Springfield Country Club, and Rolling Green Golf Club.
- There are 26 parks near the city center, including Rose Tree Park, Scott Arboretum of Swarthmore College, and Tyler Arboretum.
- There are 635 churches in or near the city, including Belmont Baptist Church, Congregation Beth-El, and St Pius X.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 874 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 44 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 418 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.04% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $92,518, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $74,594, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $33,759, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.23%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Broomall receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Broomall has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Broomall has a dense population density of 3,132.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Broomall have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Broomall has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.00%.