Senior Living in Brownsdale, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Brownsdale, MN: 55918
- Brownsdale scores significantly higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Brownsdale scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Austin Medical Center).
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Good Samaritan Society - Comforcare, The Cedars of Austin, and Our House - Austin Senior Apartments.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 29 golf courses in or around the city, including Meadow Greens Golf Course, Ramsey Golf Club, and Austin Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Beaver Trails Campground, Jay C Hormel Nature Center, and Bandshell Community Park.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Cornerstone Assembly of God, Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, and Alcorn Wallace Rev.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.87% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,451, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,717, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,048, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $40,440 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,031 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,368 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.75%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brownsdale receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Brownsdale has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Brownsdale has a very sparse population density of 38.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brownsdale have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Brownsdale has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.27%.