Senior Living in Brownstown, Illinois
Top zip codes in Brownstown, IL: 62418
- Brownstown scores lower than the Illinois average of 74.
- Brownstown scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Fayette County Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Aperion Care St Elmo, Fayette County Hospital, and Brookstone Estates of Vandalia.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 13 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 15 golf courses in or around the city, including St. Elmo Golf Club, Ramsey Lake Golf Course, and Vandalia Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Sandy Run Hunt Co., Bail\'s Timberline Lake Campground, and Vandalia Park District.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including First Church of God, Mother of Dolors Parish Center, and First Church of God.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 7 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.32% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.48% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,706, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,466, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,209, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,844 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.19%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brownstown receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Brownstown has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Brownstown has a very sparse population density of 23.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brownstown have an average daily commute time.
- Brownstown has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.21%.