Senior Living in Brownstown, Indiana
Top zip codes in Brownstown, IN: 47220
- Brownstown scores lower than the Indiana average of 74.
- Brownstown scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Schneck Medical Center).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hoosier Christian Village, Brownstown Senior Housing LP, and Covered Bridge Health Campus.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 26 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 24 golf courses in or around the city, including Hickory Hills Golf Club, Seymour Country Club, and Leslie Lakes Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Hickory Hills Golf Club Inc, Starve-Hollow State Recreation Area, and Jackson-washington State Forest.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including Ahlemeyer Eric Rev, St John\'s Lutheran Church, and Allman Dennis Rev.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 14 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.42% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,981, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,122, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,619, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.53%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brownstown receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Brownstown has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Brownstown has a very sparse population density of 68.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brownstown have a short daily commute time.
- Brownstown has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.84%.