Senior Living in Brownsville, Indiana
Top zip codes in Brownsville, IN: 47325
- Brownsville scores significantly higher than the Indiana average of 74.
- Brownsville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Fayette Regional Health System, Reid Hospital & Health Care Services, and Reid Hosp & Hlth Care Services.
- There are 16 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Whitewater Commons Senior Living, Heritage House Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, and Hickory Creek at Connersville.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 68 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 27 golf courses in or around the city, including Liberty Country Club, Buck Point Golf Club, and Connersville Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Whitewater Memorial State Park, Quakertown State Recreation Area, and Manlove Park.
- There are 10 churches in or near the city, including Pentecostal Church of Richmond, Abington Christian Church, and Church of the Brethren.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 17 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 20 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.15% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.93% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $52,089, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,274, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,182, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.44%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brownsville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Brownsville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Brownsville has a very sparse population density of 32.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brownsville have a very short daily commute time.
- Brownsville has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.53%.