Senior Living in Brownsville, Ohio
Top zip codes in Brownsville, OH: 43721
- Brownsville scores lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Brownsville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Genesis Healthcare System).
- There are 25 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Thornville Health and Rehabilitation Center, Somerset Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Newark Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 67 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 40 golf courses in or around the city, including Crystal Springs Golf Club, Burning Tree Golf Course, and Forest Hills Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including William C Kraner Nature Center, Blackhand Gorge State Nature Preserve, and The Dawes Arboretum.
- There are 21 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church Heath, Newark Baptist Temple, and St Leonard Catholic Chr.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 25 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 18 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.87% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.22% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $50,343, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $19,922, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,635, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,350 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $75,920 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,917 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brownsville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Brownsville has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Brownsville has a sparse population density of 391.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brownsville have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Brownsville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 79.49%.