Senior Living in Brownsville, Wisconsin
Top zip codes in Brownsville, WI: 53006
- Brownsville scores significantly higher than the Wisconsin average of 71.
- Brownsville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Agnes Hsptl, Fond Du Lac Cnty Mental Hlth, and Waupun Mem Hsptl.
- There are 48 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hope Health and Rehabilitation Center, Hickories Adult Care and Respite Center, and Touchstone of Mayville.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 60 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 31 golf courses in or around the city, including Camelot Country Club, Mayville Golf Club, and South Hills Golf & Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Oakfield Ledge State Natural Area, Breezy Hill Campground, and Fond du Lac County Fairgrounds.
- There are 13 churches in or near the city, including Guyette, Rita - Salvation Army, Spirit of Life Church of God, and Church of Jesus Christ of Lds.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 31 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 13 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.65% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.85% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.88%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Wisconsin has an average state income tax of 4.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,949, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $62,171, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,663, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,930 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $121,545 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.71%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brownsville receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Brownsville has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Brownsville has a very sparse population density of 43.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brownsville have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Brownsville has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.60%.