Senior Living in Brownton, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Brownton, MN: 55312
- Brownton scores higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Brownton scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Glencoe Regional Health Services and Glencoe Regional Health Servs).
- There are 16 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Shade Tree Retirement Center, Harmony River Living, and Glencoe Regional Health Services.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 15 golf courses in or around the city, including Glencoe Country Club, Winthrop Golf Club, and Oakdale Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Lake Marion County Park, Oak Leaf Park, and Glencoe Country Club.
- There is 1 church in or near the city (Apostolic Christian Church).
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 6 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.83% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,554, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,815, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,463, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,810 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,451 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,628 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.37%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brownton receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Brownton has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Brownton has a very sparse population density of 22.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brownton have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Brownton has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.69%.