Senior Living in Browntown, Wisconsin
Top zip codes in Browntown, WI: 53522
- Browntown scores higher than the Wisconsin average of 71.
- Browntown scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Monroe Clinic).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Azura Memory Care of Monroe, Community Living Home Options, and Community Living Home Option.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 15 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 16 golf courses in or around the city, including Windy Acres Golf Club, Lena Golf Club(Stagecoach Course at Lena Golf Club ), and Apple Canyon Lake Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Browntown-Cadiz Springs State Recreational Area and Lake Le-Aqua-Na State Park).
- There are 8 churches in or near the city, including Monroe Church of Nazarene, Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, and St John\'s United Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.84% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.98% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.88%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Wisconsin has an average state income tax of 4.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,519, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,740, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,853, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,300 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,721 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,160 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.90%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Browntown receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Browntown has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Browntown has a very sparse population density of 28.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Browntown have a short daily commute time.
- Browntown has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.24%.