Senior Living in Brownville, Nebraska
Top zip codes in Brownville, NE: 68321
- Brownville scores significantly higher than the Nebraska average of 74.
- Brownville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Nemaha County Hospital).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city (Good Samaritan Society - Auburn and Pleasant View)
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (43% of residents).
- There are 9 golf courses in or around the city, including Rock Port Golf & Country Club, Auburn Country Club, and Wildwood Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Lewis and Clark Camp Site, Rock Port RiversEdge Campground, and Auburn City Recreation Complex.
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (Auburn Berean Church and New Life Church).
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 7 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.42% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.65% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Nebraska has an average state income tax of 4.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,286, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,821, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,800, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,720 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $71,631 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,021 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,908 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.27%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brownville receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Brownville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Brownville has a very sparse population density of 11.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brownville have a very short daily commute time.
- Brownville has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.10%.