Senior Living in Brownville, New York
Top zip codes in Brownville, NY: 13615
- Brownville scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Brownville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Samaritan Medical Center).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Angel\'s Inn Home for Adults, Jefferson County Home - The Aged, and Samaritan Keep Nursing Home.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 45 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Ives Hill Country Club, Watertown Golf Club, and Highland Meadows Golf & Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Fairgrounds Ice Arena, Public Square, and Thompson Park Zoo and Conservancy.
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including Life Church of Nazerene, Watertown Assembly of God, and COG Soldiers of Jesus Christ.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 43 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 16 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.41% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.68% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,605, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,861, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,863, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $52,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $120,085 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.53%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brownville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Brownville has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Brownville has a sparse population density of 331.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brownville have a very short daily commute time.
- Brownville has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.74%.