Senior Living in Bruce, South Dakota
Top zip codes in Bruce, SD: 57220
- Bruce scores higher than the South Dakota average of 68.
- Bruce scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Brookings Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Estelline Nursing and Care Center, United Living Community, and Golden LivingCenter - Arlington.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 27 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 9 golf courses in or around the city, including Meadowcreek Golf Course, Lake Region Golf Course, and Edgebrook Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Oakwood Lakes State Park, Lake Poinsett, and Lake Poinsett Recreation Area.
- There are 20 churches in or near the city, including Calvary Free Lutheran Church, United Church of Christ, and Southeastern Church of Christ.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 2 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.06% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.38% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- South Dakota has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,091, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $63,092, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,046, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,276 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $75,738 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,578 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.37%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bruce receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Bruce has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Bruce has a very sparse population density of 7.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bruce have a very short daily commute time.
- Bruce has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.12%.