Senior Living in Bruce, Wisconsin
Top zip codes in Bruce, WI: 54819
- Bruce scores lower than the Wisconsin average of 71.
- Bruce scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Rusk County Mem Hsptl).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ladysmith Care and Rehab, Lake Manor, and Country Terrace of Wisconsin.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 12 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (38% of residents).
- There are 12 golf courses in or around the city, including Taylor\'s Amacoy Golf Club, Tee-A-Way Golf Club, and Tagalong Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including River\'s Edge Park, Winter Haven Resort, and Blue Hills Felsenmeer.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including Jehovah\'s Witnesses, Our Lady of Sorrows Catholic, and Abundant Life Assembly of God.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 2 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.54% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.88%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Wisconsin has an average state income tax of 4.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $47,094, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $38,529, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,443, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,300 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,721 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,160 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.34%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bruce receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Bruce has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Bruce has a very sparse population density of 15.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bruce have an average daily commute time.
- Bruce has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.20%.