Senior Living in Bruceville, Indiana
Top zip codes in Bruceville, IN: 47516
- Bruceville scores higher than the Indiana average of 74.
- Bruceville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Lawrence County Memorial Hospital and Good Samaritan Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Willow Manor Nursing and Rehab , Oak Village Healthcare, and BridgePointe Health Campus.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 29 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 15 golf courses in or around the city, including Bicknell Country Club, Lawrence County Country Club, and Hillcrest Hills Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including White Oak State Fishing Area, Camp Arthur, and Bicknell Memorial Cemetery.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including Christian Campus Fellowship, Anointed House of Prayer, and First Church of Nazarene.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 19 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.93% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $50,114, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,946, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,540, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.36%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bruceville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bruceville has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Bruceville has a very sparse population density of 42.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bruceville have a short daily commute time.
- Bruceville has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.87%.