Senior Living in Bruin, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Bruin, PA: 16022
- Bruin scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Bruin scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Quality Life Services at Chicora Medical Center, Allegheny Hills Retirment Residence, and Meadow Lake Manor-Sugar Creek.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 43 golf courses in or around the city, including Foxburg Country Club, St. Jude Golf Club, and Stoughton Acres Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Gaslight Campgrounds and Brady\'s Bend).
- There are 14 churches in or near the city, including Highland Stephen M, Karns City United Methodist, and Church of God of Prophecy.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 9 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.03% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.28% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $53,017, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,818, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,251, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 16.48%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bruin receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bruin has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Bruin has a sparse population density of 458.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bruin have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Bruin has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.74%.