Senior Living in Brunsville, Iowa
Top zip codes in Brunsville, IA: 51008
- Brunsville scores higher than the Iowa average of 75.
- Brunsville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Floyd Valley Hospital and Floyd Valley Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Park Place Estates Assisted Living , Prime Property Management - Prime Assisted Living, and The Abbey of Lemars.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 15 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 27 golf courses in or around the city, including Prairie Rose Golf Club, Le Mars Golf Course, and Akron Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Foster Park and Le Mars Municipal Park).
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Lemars Church of Christ, 3Rd Street Church of Christ, and Assumption-st Joseph Catholic Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 4 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.15% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.14% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $53,914, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,188, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,386, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,610 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $68,985 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,427 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,480 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.13%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brunsville receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Brunsville has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Brunsville has an average population density of 621.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brunsville have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Brunsville has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.25%.