Senior Living in Brunswick, Georgia
- Brunswick scores lower than the Georgia average of 72.
- Brunswick scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Southeast Georgia Health System- Brunswick Campus, Southeast Georgia Reg Med Ctr, and Focus By-the-sea.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sears Manor Coastal Nursing & Rehabilitation, GraceMore Nursing and Rehab, and Benton House of Brunswick.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 92 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 13 golf courses in or around the city, including Oak Grove Island Golf & Country Club, Ocean Forest Golf Club, and Coastal Pines Golf Club.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Glynn County Recreation & Park, Ballard Park, and Selden Park.
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including Philadelphia Church of Christ, Holy Band of Inspiration, and Abyssinia Baptist Church.
- There are 17 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 26 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.71% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.61% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Georgia has an average state income tax of 5.02%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,255, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,438, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,141, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,720 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $70,080 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $5,200 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.76%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brunswick receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Brunswick has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Brunswick has an average population density of 561.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brunswick have a very short daily commute time.
- Brunswick has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.11%.