Senior Living in Brunswick, Maryland
Top zip codes in Brunswick, MD: 21716
- Brunswick scores significantly lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- Brunswick scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Inova Loudoun Hospital and Piedmont Behavioral Hlth Ctr).
- There are 31 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Woodland Assisted Living, Woodland Retirement Home, and Lovettsville Home Assisted Living.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 77 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 54 golf courses in or around the city, including Vfw Country Club, Maryland National Golf Club, and Raspberry Falls Golf & Hunt Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Heaters Island Wildlife Management Area, Gathland State Park, and Treehouse Camp At Maple Tree.
- There are 47 churches in or near the city, including St Francis of Assisi Church, First Baptist Church, and First United Methodist Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 46 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 20 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.26% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.88% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,623, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,943, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,362, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.27%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brunswick receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Brunswick has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Brunswick has a dense population density of 1,514.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brunswick have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Brunswick has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.26%.