Senior Living in Brunswick, Nebraska
Top zip codes in Brunswick, NE: 68720
- Brunswick scores higher than the Nebraska average of 74.
- Brunswick scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Antelope Memorial Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Avera Creighton Care Centre, Plainview Manor, and Golden Livingcenter - Neligh.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 4 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 6 golf courses in or around the city, including Antelope Country Club, Plainview Country Club, and Rolling Hills Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Trout Station, Grove Lake Wildlife Management Area, and Singley Robert.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Community Church of C & M A, Church of Christ, and Abundant Life Christian Center.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 2 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.68% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Nebraska has an average state income tax of 4.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $84,561, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $41,250, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $37,008, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,720 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $71,631 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,021 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,908 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.57%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brunswick receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Brunswick has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Brunswick has a very sparse population density of 5.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brunswick have a very short daily commute time.
- Brunswick has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.04%.