Senior Living in Brush Creek, Tennessee
Top zip codes in Brush Creek, TN: 38547
- Brush Creek scores higher than the Tennessee average of 72.
- Brush Creek scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Riverview Regional Medical Center North and Riverview Regional Medical Center South).
- There is 1 senior living facility in close proximity to the city (Kindred Nursing and Rehabilitation - Smith County).
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 8 golf courses in or around the city, including Green Hills Golf Club, Lebanon Golf & Country Club, and Hunters Point Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Long Branch Recreation Area, Indian Creek Camp, and Edgar Evins State Park.
- There are 14 churches in or near the city, including Family Worship Center Church of God of Prophecy Parsonage, Abundant Harvest Worship Center, and Montrose Church of Christ.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 11 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.28% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.56% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.13%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Tennessee has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,857, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,292, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,450, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,900 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $83,950 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,950 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.68%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brush Creek receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Brush Creek has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Brush Creek has a very sparse population density of 60.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brush Creek have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Brush Creek has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.94%.