Senior Living in Brusly, Louisiana
Top zip codes in Brusly, LA: 70719
- Brusly scores significantly higher than the Louisiana average of 72.
- Brusly scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Our Lady Of The Lake Regional Medical Center, River West Medical Center, and Earl K Long Medical Center.
- There are 39 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Port Allen Care Center, LLC, St James Place Nursing Care Center, and Plaquemine Manor Nursing Home.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 213 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 24 golf courses in or around the city, including West Side Golf Club, LSU Golf Course, and City Park Golf Course.
- There are 22 parks near the city center, including BREC Farr Park Equestrian Center, BREC River Bend Park, and Cajun Country Campground.
- There are 296 churches in or near the city, including Antioch Baptist Church, St John Baptist Catholic, and River Ministries Intl.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 122 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 11 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 14 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.84% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.36% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.88%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Louisiana has an average state income tax of 2.68%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,826, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $59,878, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,957, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $30,780 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $62,576 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,084 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $40,909 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.38%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brusly receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Brusly has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Brusly has a sparse population density of 274.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brusly have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Brusly has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.97%.