Senior Living in Brussels, Wisconsin
Top zip codes in Brussels, WI: 54204
- Brussels scores higher than the Wisconsin average of 71.
- Brussels scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Door County Memorial Hospital).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Gathering of Door County Assisted Living, Cardinal Ridge Residential Care, and Bay Road Place.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 28 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 20 golf courses in or around the city, including Cherry Hills Lodge & Golf Course, Idlewild Golf Course, and NorthBrook Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Quietwoods South Camping Resort, Gardner Swamp State Wildlife Area, and Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, Holy Name of Mary Rectory, and Church of Jesus Christ of Lds.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 7 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.23% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.24% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.88%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Wisconsin has an average state income tax of 4.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,553, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $62,841, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,639, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,300 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,721 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,160 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.33%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Brussels receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Brussels has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Brussels has a very sparse population density of 38.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Brussels have a long daily commute time.
- Brussels has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.37%.