Senior Living in Bryan, Texas
- Bryan scores higher than the Texas average of 74.
- Bryan scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Joseph Regional Health Center, Physicians Centre,the, and Desert Hills Centers.
- There are 21 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Broadmoor Place, Lampstand Nursing and Rehabilitation, LP , and St Joseph Manor.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 80 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (18% of residents).
- There are 7 golf courses in or around the city, including Bryan Golf Course, Briarcrest Country Club, and Texas A&M Golf Course.
- There are 36 parks near the city center, including Village 21 RV Park, Federal Park, and Neal Park.
- There are 45 churches in or near the city, including Pleasant Grove Baptist Church, Primera Iglesia Bautista, and First Baptist Church of Bryan.
- There are 17 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 49 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 21 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.93% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.88% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $53,349, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $40,051, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,198, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $68,438 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,700 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,900 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.02%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bryan receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bryan has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Bryan has a dense population density of 1,857.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bryan have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Bryan has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 77.06%.