Senior Living in Bryans Road, Maryland
Top zip codes in Bryans Road, MD: 20616
- Bryans Road scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- Bryans Road scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Dewitt Army Community Hospital, Inova Mount Vernon Hospital, and Fort Washington Hospital.
- There are 75 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Eby Health Services, Inc., Spring Hills Mount Vernon, and Mount Vernon Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 278 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (19% of residents).
- There are 77 golf courses in or around the city, including Mount Vernon Country Club, White Plains Regional Park & Golf Course, and Pohick Bay Golf Course.
- There are 21 parks near the city center, including Chapman State Park, Piscataway Park, and The Accokeek Foundation\'s National Colonial Farm.
- There are 211 churches in or near the city, including Gospel Union Church of Christ Incorporated, Christ Episcopal Church, and Accokeek Congregation-jehovah.
- There are 20 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 244 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 13 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 87 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.67% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.75% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $92,095, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $88,789, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,033, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.94%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bryans Road receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bryans Road has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Bryans Road has an average population density of 597.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bryans Road have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Bryans Road has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.33%.